A triathlon is a multi-sport endurance event involving swimming, bicycling and running. The multiple phases of this event must be completed within immediate succession of each other, and the event is timed, along with the transitions between each event.
With the advent of the the new year in 2011, lots of people have New Year's resolutions that they would like to make happen this year. People have lists of things they want to accomplish like lose a certain number of pounds or run a marathon. If completing a triathlon is on that list, then this site can help you accomplish that.
There are four main types of triathlons, classified according to distance. These are the Sprint, the Olympic, the Half Ironman, and the Ironman:
- The Sprint - 750 m swim, 20 km bike ride, 5 km run
- The Olympic Distance - 1.5 km swim, 40 km bike ride, 10 km run
- The Half - 1.93 km (1.2 miles) swim, 90 km (56 miles) bike ride, 21.09 km (13.1 miles) run
- The Ironman - 3.86 km (2.4 miles) swim, 180 km (112 miles) bike ride, 42.2 km (26.2 miles) run
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades